Crossroads Service Station Ltd In line with new data protection regulations, which come into force on 25th May 2018, we would like to reassure you that we would never disclose your data to any 3rd party other than if required for legal compliance e.g. Police/insurance company etc.
For your information and how we use your data
We are Crossroads Service Station (Cheswick Green) Ltd, a company who provides a service to customers to maintain their vehicles (Servicing, MOT Tests & Repairs).
Information we hold
1. Customer's name
2. Vehicle Registration Number, Make & Model, mileage & service history
3. Customer's telephone number
4. Customer's address
5. Customer's email address
How we obtain this information
We collect personal contact details given to us voluntarily, in person, in a telephone conversation, email or in writing. This information is required in order for us to contact you regarding your vehicles' history and/or work progress and to send reminders regarding MOT expiry dates. Why is this information recorded and our legal basis to use it?
1. To provide a service to our customers to facilitate us to provide quotes, invoice for work carried out, to keep record of service & repairs on vehicles.
2. To send reminders for MOT expiry date.
3. CCTV recording of premises.
4. Customer's name, Vehicle details & contact telephone numbers are written in a manual diary on the date booked in. Address information may be included if vehicle is to be collected by a member of our staff.
5. If a loan car is required a 'Courtesy Car Form' is completed and kept on file for six months. These are destroyed by shredding after this period, unless required to be kept on file due to insurance and/or traffic/parking offence.
6. Customer and vehicle information is entered onto computer database and is protected by secure passwords. No information is stored remotely. A back-up is taken and is stored securely.
7. The information is for Crossroads use only and no information is processed and/or passed to third parties.
8. The only exception would be if we were required to pass on any details for legal compliance for example to the Police, Insurance Company and/or authorities regarding road traffic offences.
Your Right to have your data removed from our systems
You can contact us at any time for us to remove your data from our systems. We will then endeavour to remove all your data but may need to retain some basic data to comply with our legal compliance responsibilities.
All requests regarding your data will need to be received in writing before we are able to act upon them.